Current notices and instructions
Here you will find additional and more detailed information of the Institute of Mathematics supplementing the general information and instructions of the University of Würzburg.
Editing status 26-Sepg-2021 23:55: Information on the start of the semester (winter semester 2021/2022) and on the courses in mathematics
Editing status 06-Aug-2021 12:40: Information on the start of the semester (winter semester 2021/2022) and on the courses in mathematics
Editing status 22-Oct-2020 21:05: Check in into rooms using the UniNow app.
How to prepare?
- Provide, if possible, good IT equipment (laptop/PC with camera and microphone, headset, good internet connection, a tablet, a laptop with touch screen or an additional drawing tablet can be helpful to be able to write something quickly and comfortably in virtual meetings).
- Learn about the locationof buildings and rooms on Campus Hubland North and South.
- Read the notes below about courses, exams, and information channels.
- Register for your courses in WueStudy registration will be activated three weeks before the start of the lecture period 18-Oct-2021. Make a targeted choice and estimate your resources correctly.
… especially as freshmen?
- Take the math pre-course and register early. I is mandatory for all bachelor's degree programs in mathematics and teaching mathematics Gymnasium. In the winter semester 2021/2022 it will be offered twice with the same contents in the periods 16-Sep-2021 to 24-Oct-2021 (Block 1) and 04-Oct-2021 to 12-Oct-2021 (Block 2).
- If possible, choose Block 1 already and, if necessary, take another preliminary course in Block 2 that is suitable for your field of study. For the subject mathematics in the teaching profession Real-, Mittel- and Grundschulen, a preliminary course is offered from 04-Oct-2021 to 14-Oct-2021.
- Be sure to visit the MINT Day on 15-Oct-2021. Here you will receive all the important info about the start of the semester, event selection, exercise registration, etc.. You can make first contacts for future working groups, get tips from experienced students and will be informed in detail by the subject advisors. Everything is concentrated in one day, which would otherwise have to be painstakingly gathered together.
- Read the web pages about the MINT pre courses, the MINT Day and take advantage of the MINT pre course registration early on.
- We, the teachers of mathematics, want to enable all of you to continue your studies, even under changing conditions, and take care to ensure the best possible conditions for you.
- We offer reliable courses that enable you to plan your studies in a meaningful, flexible but also robust way.
- Our range of courses is rich and of the same high quality as in the times before the pandemic.
- Of course we see ourselves as responsible for all of you. In this special situation, however, first-year students and students who are new to the Institute require special attention and additional support.
- Course registration for lectures, seminars and exercise groups in mathematics is generally done via WueStudy. Lectures with exercises are registered via the corresponding exercises and count for the lecture.
- The registration in WueStudy is activated three weeks before the start of the lecture period.
- In principle, lectures take place virtually. In the case of exercises with several parallel groups, some can be offered in classroom form if the general pandemic situation permits. You have the choice, i.e. you can specify whether you want to participate in classroom form or not, but you will always have the possibility to participate virtually.
- There is a WueCampus course for each course (lectures are supplied by the corresponding exercises). This course contains all important information about the event, especially the access data for virtual meetings and information about the start of the event. By registration in WueStudy you will automatically be accepted into the WueCampus course.
- Three weeks before the start of the lecture period, the WueCampus course Mathematische-Studiengänge will also provide all mathematics students with a complete overview of the starting dates of all mathematics events. You will be informed about this again by e-mail shortly before activation.
- Please note: Due to the short-term changes in the pandemic security conditions, which allow more face-to-face teaching than previously planned, the WueStudy course catalogue will only show completely from 02-Oct-2021 which courses or parallel groups will be held in face-to-face form and which will be hybrid or virtual. In any case, please also read the notes in the respective WueCampus courses.
- Important: Read the information on the organisation of examinations in mathematics right now to ensure that your examination goes smoothly. In this way, you can avoid disadvantages for yourself which could impair your academic success.
- Pay attention to the announcement of exam registration periods in Mathematics. As always: No exam participation without timely registration in WueStudy.
- Ongoing final theses (bachelor and master thesis, schriftliche Hausarbeit in the teaching degree courses) will be continued with the supervisor's support on an indivual appointment using e-mail, telephone, video conferencing if necessary or in personal meetings if as far as the pandemic situation allows. A written assignment is to be send by mail to the respective supervisor. For Bachelor and Master theses the examination offices has modified the rules for handing it in, and also the deadlines have been extended. Since the webpage of the examination office is only available in German language, we recommend international students to contact their thesis supervisor to clarify with him or her, how the new regulations affect them.
- Information channels at JMU level
- This webpage, short url go.uniwue.de/coronavirus-mathematik
- Notices for the courses in the course schedule in WueStudy
- WueCampus course Mathematische Studiengänge (access after enrolment to a course of studies in Mathematics with your JMU-student-account).
- Webpages of the Institute for Mathematics: Study, namely Beginning of Studies and Study organisation
- WueCampus circular mail to students in mathematics courses
- Course specific WueCampus newsletters
- Passing on information to students of other subjects, who attend mathematics courses in the service, via the respective lecturers
- Pay attention to your stud-mail mail address, as only this will be used for communication about your studies.
- Information provided by SIA for foreign students
- The information channels on JMU level
- Newsletters of the Dean of Studies Mathematics with further information
- internal webpages of the institute (Servicezentrum / Corona)
- Wuecampus course Lehrorganisation Mathematik
- Information on digital teaching provided by the computer centre (in German language only)
- Current information on study and teaching in Einblick (in German language only)
- For the protection of staff and students, public access to the Institute of Mathematics is restricted.
- Use e-mail, telephone and letter post whenever possible.
- Arrange unavoidable appointments in advance by telephone or e-mail.