Current notices and instructions
Here you will find additional and more detailed information of the Institute of Mathematics supplementing the general information and instructions of the University of Würzburg.
Editing status 11-Jul-2020 00:40: Update How do written and oral exams in mathematics work?
Editing status 25-May-2020 20:30: Update How do written and oral exams in mathematics work?
Editing status 29-Apr-2020 11:10: 11-May-2020 is now normal lecture day, examinations for "1. Staatsexamen Lehramt" will be resumed from 18-May-2020.
- Outstanding examinations in mathematics (including individual oral examination) that were postponed at the beginning of the semester are now being made up for. If you have registered for one of these exams, you will be notified of the date of the revision at least 14 days in advance.
- Important: Read the information on the organisation of examinations in mathematics right now to ensure that your examination goes smoothly. In this way, you can avoid disadvantages for yourself which could impair your academic success.
- The respective students will be informed of any outstanding exam insights in the coming weeks.
- Pay attention to the announcement of exam registration periods. Furthermore: If you want to take part in an exam, *you* have to register for it in WueStudy in due time.
- Ongoing final theses (bachelor and master thesis, schriftliche Hausarbeit in the teaching degree courses) will be continued with the supervisor's support using e-mail, telephone, video conferencing if necessary, but not in personal meetings. A written assignment is to be send by mail to the respective supervisor. For Bachelor and Master theses the examination offices has modified the rules for handing it in, and also the deadlines have been extended. Since the webpage of the examination office is only available in German language, we recommend international students to contact their thesis supervisor to clarify with him or her, how the new regulations affect them.
- The suspended examinations for the "1. Staatsexamen Lehramt" have been resumed from 18-May-2020.
- All classroom courses in mathematics have been discontinued since 11-Mar-2020 and until further notice.
- Whether courses in mathematics are offered in virtual form or are cancelled without substitution will be uniformly communicated in WueStudy in the course details (see in particular the section on additional information).
- Information in WueStudy will be added step by step in the coming weeks.
- The registration for courses in WueStudy is used as usual. For lectures with more than one exercise group, the first registration period, in which priorities can be specified, ends on 14-Apr-2020 (midnight). After the end of the allocation process, taking into account the specified priorities, free places can still be reserved in the second registration period from 17-Apr-2020 to 26-Apr-2020 (midnight). For lectures with only one practice group or seminars there is only one registration period, which ends on 28-Apr-2020 (midnight). This will also give you access to the corresponding WueCampus courses.
- Without an registration in WueStudy at the given deadlines, no exercise participation is possible.
- Scheduling for lectures, exercise groups and seminars will be maintained so that the forthcoming virtual courses can take place at different times and do not overlap.
- All courses are supplemented by WueCampus courses (for lectures with exercises, the WueCampus course is created for the exercises).
- Information on the start of courses is also available for all mathematics students after logging in to the WueCampus course Mathematische Studiengänge in the subject Start of courses in mathematics summer semester 2020.
- The university management has postponed the annual foundation celebration, 11-May-2020 is now lecture day.
- Information channels at JMU level
- This webpage, short url go.uniwue.de/coronavirus-mathematik
- Notices for the courses in the course schedule in WueStudy
- WueCampus circular mail to students in mathematics courses
- Course specific WueCampus newsletters
- Passing on information to students of other subjects, who attend mathematics courses in the service, via the respective lecturers
- Pay attention to your stud-mail mail address, as only this will be used for communication about your studies.
- Information provided by SIA for foreign students
- The information channels on JMU level
- Newsletters of the Dean of Studies Mathematics with further information
- internal webpages of the institute (Servicezentrum / Corona)
- Information on digital teaching provided by the computer centre (in German language only)
- Current information on study and teaching in Einblick (in German language only)
- For the protection of staff and students, public access to the Institute of Mathematics is restricted.
- Use e-mail, telephone and letter post whenever possible.
- Arrange unavoidable appointments in advance by telephone or e-mail.