- S. Mitra, Stabilization of the non-homogeneous Navier-Stokes equations in a 2d channel, ESIAM Control Optim. Calc. Var. 25 (2019), Art. 66, 35 pp
- S. Mitra, Carleman estimate for an adjoint of a damped beam equation and an application to null controllability, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 484 (2020), no. 1, 123718, 29pp
- S. Mitra, Local existence of strong solutions for a fluid-structure interaction model, Journal of Mathematical Fluid Mechanics (JMFM), 22, 60 (2020), https://doi.org/10.1007/s00021-020- 00520-8
- S. Mitra, Observability and unique continuation of the adjoint of a linearized simplified compressible fluid-structure model in a 2d channel, ESIAM Control Optim. Calc. Var., 2020, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1051/cocv/2020065
- M. Kalousek, S. Mitra, A. Schlömerkemper, Global existence of weak solutions to a diffuse interface model for magnetic fluids, Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, Vol. 59, 2021, 103243
- M. Kalousek, S. Mitra, A. Schlömerkemper, Existence of weak solutions for a diffuse interface model involving magnetic fluids with unmatched densities and a singular potential
- S. Mitra, Local exact controllability of a compressible fluid flow model with Navier-slip boundary conditions in a 2D channel
- H. Garcke, P. Knopf, S. Mitra, A. Schlömerkemper, Optimal controllability of a simplified magnetoviscoelastic model in 2D
- 02/ 2019-present: Post Doctoral Fellow University: Institute of Mathematics, University of Würzburg, Germany, Advisor: Prof. Anja Schlömerkemper, Topic: Mathematical analysis and modeling of the evolution of magnetoelastic materials, Funding: Grant of the German science foundation (DFG)
- 10/ 2015-10/2018: Doctoral Fellow University: Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France, Advisors: Prof. Sylvain Ervedoza and Prof. Jean-Pierre Raymond, Thesis topic: Analysis and control of some fluid models with variable density, Funding: Indo-French Centre for Applied Mathematics (IFCAM)
- 02/2015- 05/2015: Masters Project, Institut de Mathématiques de Toulouse (IMT), Project topic: Feedback Stabilization of incompressible Navier-Stokes equations, Advisors: Prof. Sylvain Ervedoza and Prof. Jean-Pierre Raymond
- 2012-2015: M.Sc and M.Phil in Mathematics (with first class and distinction), Tata Institute Of Fundamental Research-CAM, Bangalore, India; With specialization in: Applied Mathematics and Partial Differential Equa-tions
- 2009-2012: B.Sc(Hons) in Mathematics (with first class) St. Xaviers College, Kolkata, India.
- Fluid and fluid-structure interaction problems (existence results and controllability issues)
- Diffuse interface models
- Weak solutions
- Evolutionary model for magnetoelasticity
- Control and stabilization of partial differential equations
- Navier-Stokes equations (both incompressible and compressible)
- Carleman estimates, semigroup theory.
- 23/11/2020 − 25/11/2020: MA4M, Mathematical analysis for mechanics Berlin Mathematics Research Center, Germany.
- 12/10/2020 − 23/10/2020: Student Compact Course ”Variational Methods for Fluids and Solids”, Thematic Einstein Semester on ”Energy-based mathematical methods for reactive multiphase flows”, Germany.
- 16/09/2019 − 18/09/2019: Control and stabilization issues for PDE, Institut de Mathématiques de Toulouse, Toulouse, France.
- 23/07/2019 − 26/07/2019: Summer School in Analysis of PDEs and Fluid Dynamics, Maxwell Institute Graduate School in Analysis and its Applications, Edingburgh, U.K.
- 26/05/2019 − 31/05/2019: Mathematical Aspects of Fluid Flows, EMS school in applied mathematics, Kacov, Czech Republic. (6) 01/10/2018 − 05/10/2018: Hyperbolic Conservation Laws and Mathematical Fluid Dynamics, Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg, Würzburg, Germany.
- 02/10/2017 − 03/10/2017: Analysis and Control of Fluid-Structure Interaction Systems, Institut de Mathématiques de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France.(8) 20/08/2017 − 01/09/2017: VII Partial differential equations, optimal design and numerics, Centro de Ciencias de Benasque, Pedro Pascual, Benasque, Spain.
- 28/11/2016 − 29/11/2016: IFSMACS Meeting, Institut de Mathématiques de Toulouse, Toulouse, France.
- 23/11/2020: MA4M, Mathematical analysis for mechanics, Berlin Mathematics Research Center. Title: Existence of weak solutions for diffuse interface models involving magnetic fluids with matched and unmatched densities.
- 11/05/2020: Group seminar, Institute of Mathematics, University of Würzburg. Title: Existence of weak solutions for a diffuse interface model involving magnetic fluids with unmatched densities.
- 08/11/2019: Group seminar, Institute of Mathematics, University of Würzburg. Title: Existence of weak solutions for a diffuse interface model involving magnetic fluids.
- 23/07/2019: Summer School in Analysis of PDEs and Fluid Dynamics, Maxwell Institute Graduate School in Analysis and its Applications, Edingburgh, U.K. Title: Unique continuation property of a linearized
- compressible fluid structure interaction problem.
- 06/02/2018: Research seminar of the research group Computational Methods in Systems and Control Theory, Max Planck Institute, Magdeburg, Germany. Title: On the null controllability of a linearized compressible Navier-Stokes equations in a 2D channel.
- 09/01/2018: Journée nouveaux entrants MIP, Institut de Mathématiques de Toulouse. Title: Null controllability of linearized compressible Navier-Stokes equations in a 2D channel.
- 18/02/2016: Working group of control, Institut de Mathématiques de Toulouse. Title: Stabilization of non homogeneous incompressible Navier-Stokes equations in a 2D channel.
Fellowships Awarded and Achievements
2009 − 2012: Inspire Fellowship from Ministry of Science Technology, Govt. of India, to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics
2012: All India Rank 15 in the Admission Test for pursuing Masters in IIT in India
2012 − 2015: Obtained a Fellowship from D.A.E, Govt. of India, to pursue Masters in TIFR CAM, India
2015 − 2018 : Funding from Indo French Centre for Applied Mathematics (IFCAM) to pursue PhD in Institut de Mathématiques de Toulouse (IMT).