This is how the mathematics degree course works in the summer semester 202103/23/2021
When do the lectures start? How do they take place? When can I register? How do I get information about my courses? What do I need to know as a first semester student?
- All courses in Mathematics take place virtually.
- Participation always requires a course booking in WueStudy (for lectures via the corresponding exercises). The booking will be activated as of March 23, 2021. Information on parallel groups and times can be found in the WueStudy course catalogue for all courses.
- A WueCampus course is assigned to each course in Mathematics (lectures are supplied via the associated exercises). Registered participants will find all the necessary information, meeting dates and materials there.
- Register for your events promptly from March 23, 2021. After registering, you will automatically receive access to the associated WueCampus course with further information, in particular also the start dates (day, time, meeting dates).
- As of March 23, 2021 there will be a general overview semesterübergreifenden Wuecampus-Kurs für alle Mathematik-Studierenden: On which day at what time does which event start? What are the start or meeting dates?
How do you prepare as a student?
- If possible, provide good IT equipment (laptop/PC with camera and microphone, headset, good internet connection, a tablet, a laptop with touch screen or an additional drawing tablet can be helpful to be able to write something quickly and comfortably in virtual meetings).
- Book your events in WueStudy from March 23, 2021. Make a targeted choice and assess your resources correctly.
… and especially as a first semester student?
- Take part in the Pre-Course in Mathematics and register for it early. It is compulsory for all Bachelor's degree programmes in mathematics and teaching mathematics Gymnasium.
- The pre-course starts Mon March 29, 2021 10:00 and takes place as a block course until Thu April 8, 2021.
- Be sure tp visit the MINT Day on April 9, 2021. Here you will receive all important information about the start of the semester, course selection, exercise registration, etc.. You can make initial contacts for future working groups, get tips from experienced students and receive detailed information from the subject advisors. Everything that would otherwise have to be painstakingly gathered together is concentrated in one day.
Important web links
- For first semester students: MINT webpage with MINT Pre-Courses, MINT Pre-Course registration, MINT Pre-Course matrix (Which pre-courses for which course of studies?), MINT and first semester days.
- Mathematics study webpages with subpages subpages on entering and organising
- Study infos on the Corona Mathematics.
- Semesterübergreifender WueCampus-Kurs für alle Mathematik-Studierenden with start dates for all courses in Mathematics (from March 23, 2021, access to the course after enrolment in a mathematics degree programme with the JMU student account).