Prepare yourself for your master studies.
- Fresh up your Math.
- Get to know the Institute of Mathematics.
- Learn about rules, study and exam regulations, registration and enrolment for your master degree programme.
- Compose your study plan.
- Practice our IT infrastructure (JMU student account, WueStudy, WueCampus)
- Meet you mentor.
To support you with the above we offer
- a compact course in the week before the lecturing period starts,
- a mentoring programm for your first semester.
- Course starts: Tu 14 Apr 2020, 10:00
- Course ends: Fr 17 Apr 2020
- Location: Virtual offer, registered participants receive further information by e-mail.
- How to register: Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Revision of bachelor knowledge and skills in mathematics.
- Introduction to IT infrastructure.
To prepare your master studies and to get an idea about our expectations we recommend to consult the following books.
- Lang: Undergraduate Algebra, 3rd ed. 2005 Springer
- Artin: Algebra, Birkhäuser
- Lars Ahlfors: Complex Analysis, 3rd ed. 1979 McGraw
- Don Marshall: Complex Analysis, Cambridge Univ. Press 2019
- Barry Simon: Basic Complex Analysis, AMS 2015
- Strang: Introduction to Linear Algebra, SIAM 5th ed. 2016
- Lang: Linear Algebra, 3rd ed. Springer 2004
- Hirsch, Smale, Devaney: Differential Equations & Dynamical Systems, 2nd ed. 2004 Elsevier
- Stoer, Bulirsch: Introduction to Numerical Analysis, 2002 Springer
- Nocedal, Wright: Numerical Optimization, Springer
- Rudin: Principles of Mathematical Analysis, McGraw-Hill 1976 3rd ed
- Loomis, Sternberg: Advanced Calculus, Addison Wesley 1980
- Amann, Escher: Analysis 1-3 (in English), Birkhäuser
- Patrick Billingsley: Probability and Measure, Wiley