By train: Würzburg is well connected to the German railway system. You can reach Munich in less than 2 hours, Berlin and Hamburg in around 4 hours with ICE trains. The next airports are Nürnberg (NUE) and Frankfurt am Main (FRA). Both airports can be reached in less than 90 minutes by train. You need about 2:30 to 3:30 hours from other airports as Düsseldorf (DUS), Köln/Bonn (CGN), Munich (MUC) and Frankfurt-Hahn (HHN). Please check the timetable of trains or busses, especially if you intend to arrive/depart early or late!
By bus: Long distance busses also stop in Würzburg.
By car: The city is also connected to three highways (Autobahn):
- A3 (east-west axis from Emmerich / border NL to Passau / border A)
- A7 (north-south axis from Rendsburg / border DK to Füssen / border A)
- A81 (Würzburg to Schaffhausen / border CH)
The following links might be useful:
By bus: A cheap and easy way to get to the lecture hall on the University Campus Hubland Nord is by bus. From the main railway station and downtown there are different bus lines you can take:
- line 114: Departure at "Würzburg Busbahnhof"; exit at bus stop "Philosophisches Institut"
- line 214: Departure at "Würzburg Busbahnhof"; exit at bus stop "Philosophisches Institut"
- line 14: Departure at "Würzburg Busbahnhof"; exit at bus stop "Am Hubland"
- line 29: Departure at "Würzburg Busbahnhof"; exit at bus stop "Magdalena-Schoch-Straße"
- line 10: Departure at "Sanderring"; exit at bus stop "Am Hubland" or "Emil-Fischer-Straße"
You can find an overview of buslines around the Campus and Würzburg here.
By car: Along the town circle (B19) - on the crossing to "Rottendorfer Straße" please follow the sign "Universität Hubland". If you reach the university, please turn to Campus Hubland Nord. There is parking available on the Campus Hubland Nord.