Francesco De Anna
Dr. Francesco De Anna
- F. De Anna, J. Kortum, S. Scrobogna: Gevrey-class-3 regularity of the linearised hyperbolic Prandtl system on a strip, arxiv.org/abs/2301.00205
- N. Aarach, F. De Anna, M. Paicu, N. Zhu: On the role of the displacement current and the Cattaneo's law on boundary layers of plasma, arXiv:2210.12994v1
- F. De Anna, H. Wu: Uniqueness of weak solutions for the general Ericksen–Leslie system with Ginzburg– Landau penalization in T2, arXiv.org/abs/2107.02101
- F. De Anna, C. Liu, A. Schlömerkemper, J.-E. Sulzbach: Temperature dependent extensions of the Cahn-Hilliard equation, arXiv.org/abs/2112.14665
- F. De Anna, J. Kortum, A. Schlömerkemper: Struwe-like solutions for an evolutionary model of magnetoviscoelastic fluids, J. Differ. Equations, 309 (2022), 455-507
- F. De Anna, M. Paicu, The Fujita-Kato theorem for some Oldroyd-B model, J. Funct. Anal., 279, 11 (2020)
- F. De Anna, C. Liu, Non-isothermal general Ericksen-Leslie system: derivation, analysis and thermodynamic consistency, Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal., 231, (2019) 637–717
- F. De Anna, F. Fanelli, Global well-posedness and long-time dynamics for a higher order Quasi-Geostrophic type equation, J. Funct. Anal., 274 (2018), 2291-2355
- F. De Anna, A. Zarnescu, Global well-posedness and twist-wave solutions for the inertial Qian-Sheng model of liquid crystals, J. Differ. Equations, 264, 2 (2018), 1080-1118
- F. De Anna, A global 2D well-posedness result on the order tensor liquid crystal theory, J. Differ. Equations, 262, 8 (2017), 3932-3979
- F. De Anna, Global solvability of the inhomogeneous Ericksen-Leslie system with only bounded density, Anal. Appl., 0 (2016), 1-51
- F. De Anna, Global weak solutions for Boussinesq system with temperature dependent viscosity and bounded temperature, Adv. Differential Equ., 21 (2016), no. 11/12, 1001-1048
- F. De Anna, A. Zarnescu, Uniqueness of weak solutions of the full coupled Navier-Stokes and Q-tensor system in 2D, Comm. Math. Sci., 14 (2016), 2127-2178
- F. Cardin, F. De Anna, C. Tebaldi, Stationary solutions for forced Reduced MHD on the 2-torus, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 403 (2013) 599-605
My research activity is on the analysis and modeling of several complex fluids. The core of my research is on the study of partial differential equations and their applications to the fluidodynamics of anisotropic materials.
In particular, my results have endorsed the flow perception of liquid crystals, both in the director theory of the Ericksen–Leslie formalism as well as in the Q-tensor framework introduced by de Gennes and developed by Beris and Edwards.
A significant amount of effort has been devoted to the dynamics of non-isothermal complex fluids, the physics of which is entirely determined by an extension of the energetic variational approach (EnVarA), in accordance with the main laws of thermodynamics.
The arising problems involve also other fields such as harmonic analysis, functional analysis and, above all, Littlewood-Paley theory and paradifferential calculus.
- Fluid Dynamics: complex fluids, non-isothermal fluids, liquid crystals, variable viscosity.
- Modeling techniques: Energetic Variational Approach.
- PDEs: director theory, Q-tensor theory, Boussinesq system.
- Harmonic analysis toolbox: Fourier analysis, Littlewood-Paley decomposition, paradifferential calculus, logarithmic estimates.
- Übungen zur Analysis in mehreren Variablen (Grundlagen der Analysis 2), in Gruppen, 2 St., Do 16-18, Fr 10-12
- Übungen zur Analysis 2, In Gruppen, 2 St., Mo 10-12,12-14,14-16; Di 10-12,14-16,16-18; Mi 12-14
- WiSe 20/21: Übungen zur Analysis in einer Variablen (Grundlagen der Analysis 1)
- SoSe20: Übungen zur Einführung in Partielle Differentialgleichungen