Weizmann Workshop 2013 on Multilevel computational methods and optimization
|Date:||04/30/2013, 9:00 AM - 05/02/2013, 5:00 PM|
|Organizer:||Lehrstuhl für Mathematik IX (Wissenschaftliches Rechnen)|
at the David Lopatie Conference Centre of the Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel 30. April - 2. Mai 2013
The proposed workshop will bring together world-class experts from many different countries to exhibit and discuss recent research on multilevel computational methods and optimization in a wide variety of topics and applications. We expect to hear talks on classical problems such as partial differential equations, together with modern tasks such as web search and data mining. We expect coverage in diverse disciplines, including physics, biology, chemistry, economics, environment and earth sciences, computer science and engineering.
This workshop is an occasion to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Achi Brandt's seminal paper on multi-level techniques.
- Ronen Basri, Meirav Galun (Weizmann Institute, Dept. of Computer Science)
- Irad Yavneh (Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Computer Science Department)
- Alfio Borzì (University of Würzburg, Chair of Mathematics IX 'Scientific Computing')
- Cornelis W. Oosterlee (TU Delft, Institute of Applied Mathematics and CWI, Amsterdam)
- James Brannick (Pennsylvania State University, Mathematics Department)