- Time and place: We plan to have a block seminar. The first organizational introduction is scheduled on Tuesday October 25 at 4:15 pm (16:15 Uhr) in room 00.101 (Bibl- u Seminarzentrum) . If you want to participate, please contact the lecturers.
- Beginn: October 25 2022, 4:15 pm
- Vst.-Nr. 08050860
- Language: The seminar will be in English or in German depending on the participants.
We introduce the most relevant concepts of nonparametric statistics in theory and practice.
- Kernel density estimation
- Nonparametric regression and Nadaraya-Watson estimator
- High-dimensional regression and LASSO
- Unsupervised statistical learning
- Principal component analysis
- Supervised statistical learning
Requirements: Basic probability and mathematics. No specfic master courses required.
(1) If you want to participate you should attend the organizational introduction and register via WueStudy.
(2) There is a WueCampus group for this seminar (link).