In addition to a variety of lectures and seminars on different topics the master's programme offers numerous advanced courses called "Research in Groups" (RIGs). RIGs are based on a research-oriented teaching format consisting of
- introductory lectures,
- seminar-style student presentations,
- informal and lively discussions, and
- individual mentoring of students.
RIGs provide an efficient and stimulating platform for our students for
- learning about the current status of research, and
- conducting their first own research activities.
The topics of the RIG-courses vary from semester to semester in order to take account of newest developments at international level. RIGs typically focus on advanced topics of current research interest and provide a solid basis for master theses in mathematics. See the Online course catalog for the list of RIG-courses of the current and the forthcoming semester.