Reasons to study in Würzburg
Würzburg and the Julius-Maximilians university with their tradition guarantee optimal conditions for a successful study. Whether on campus or in the city, it never gets boring here.
With more than 100 scientists, including more than 30 lecturers, Mathematics in Würzburg is broadly committed to various fields of pure and applied Mathematics.
We are here for you!
Good study conditions are important to us, especially with regard to the special features of entering Mathematics. JIM and his friends ensure a smooth start with individual, professional and organizational support, supporting you on your studies. Studying with us together with your motivation will ensure you to learn more than just Mathematics.
- JIM Student Assistant
- MINT pre-courses, in particular pre-courses in Mathematics "basic concepts and methods of proof in Mathematics"
- Propaedeutic in the first semester: tips and tricks for doing math.
An evaluation composed by grades and exams, oral test, seminar presentations and project work ensures a reasonable dosage of study. Especially in the first and second semester of studies in Mathematics, it is important for us to give a feedback on familiarization in the typical mathematics thinking and working, through weekly exercises and ungraded exams, which also do not have to be passed all together. During the lecture-free period after the second semester, graded oral examinations will be held, which will be included in the overall grade with the appropriate weight. You can individually schedule your exam. At the same time, you can improve and consolidate your basic knowledge and working techniques in Mathematics thanks to the exam preparation.
- a vibrant and internationally recognized university with around 30,000 students,
- Mathematics programs in an interdisciplinary environment with a wide range of Mathematics and many options,
- extensive care and service offers with excellent study conditions,
- close contacts to a large number of partner universities abroad,
- high reputation in science and research,
- good reputation in industry and business,
- a lively study atmosphere,
- student life and urbanity at affordable prices and short distances,
- a central location and good transport links in Germany and Europe.