In the library of Mathematics, Campus Hubland Nord, Josef-Martin-Weg 64
Opening Hours: Mo-Fr 8.30-18.00 - map
50 Years Didactics of Mathematics in Würzburg - A review with a view on the development of textbooks
This expostition looks back on the last 50 years of mathematical didactics in Würzburg and shows basic textbooks of mathematical didactics that have been written here since 1970.
Johann Christian Lotter (1856-1936) - a franconian innovative creator of technical drawing tools
The exposition gives an overview of his life and works with the help of suitable documents from the company Johann Chr. Lotter from Neustadt an der Aisch. Several developments of his most important ideas are presented, from the patent drawings to the technical instruments.
The previous exhibition Historical Calculating Machine was supplemented by the topics "Draw" and "Measuring".
The following is currently installed in the Mathematics Library as a permanent exhibition:
Drawing, Measuring and Calculating - Mathematical Instruments of the Industrial Age
Proportional Compass (2018)
The exhibition gives an overview of historical proportional circles in relation of a slide rule.
- Mathematicians of Würzburg and their City - a look into the past (2017)
- Leibniz as Mathematician: Exhibition on the 300th anniversary of the death of Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz (2016)
- Trammel: collection of historical mathematical instruments (2014-2015)
- Hidden Ideas: Historical Mathematical Instruments (2013)
- Historical Instruments for drawing parallels (2011-2013)
- Historical Pantographers (2009-2011)
- Wonderful Calculable - The world of the Würzburg Mathematician Kaspar Schott (2008, in the library of the university)
- 300. birthday of Leonhard Euler (2007)
- Historical Protractors (2006)
- 150th year of death of Carl Friedrich Gauss (2005)
- 100. birthday of Prof. Dr. Helmut Grunsky (2004)
- Slide Rule (2003)
- Magic pf Knowledge - Athanasius Kircher (2002, in the Martin-von-Wagner-Museum)
- Planimeter (2000-2002) (Press Release)
- 100 years of "Foundations of Geometry" by David Hilbert (1999)
- Compasses (1998)
- Life and work of the Mathematician Emmy Noether (1997)
- Schneider-Ellen (1997)
- Mathematicians on bills (1996)